Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Why Does My Chest Feel Tight?

Started the minute I began reading the article that is linked.

I knew what was coming.

Been there. Almost did that, numerous times, when I tried to come home, again.

Sometimes, late at night, when I'm tired, can't sleep and my defenses are down, I read something like this and it is like time travel in my heart. Again, it breaks wide open.

There, I find a more expansive space...in time. Still, it is a painful passsage, for a moment or some more......just as it was all those years ago.


Arthur Silber:

In the three months after Marine Maj. John Ruocco returned from Iraq feeling numb and depressed, he couldn’t sleep. He had lost weight. He had nightmares. He was distracted and withdrawn from his two young sons.

One night, he promised his wife, Kim, that he would get help. The next morning, he was dead.

The 40-year-old Cobra helicopter pilot, based at Camp Pendleton, Calif., had hanged himself…

read on

No comments: